Manager, Digital Solutions
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 60,000 pilots at 34 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Digital Solutions leader for our Herndon, Virginia, office. The Manager, Digital Solutions will lead a team that will drive the design, development, and approval of digital programs, products, and services for ALPA National and its 34 member pilot groups. This position is responsible for the front-end operations of ALPA websites, video, and social media that drive engaging content, strategic alignment, and brand enhancement. It combines strategic and tactical expertise in developing and leading digital communications initiatives and campaigns with superb leadership qualities to build strong relationships Association-wide.
The successful candidate will possess a strategic-thinking, problem-solving mentality and have strong digital online community and campaign organizing skills supported by technical knowledge, an eye for design, and usability experience. S/he will provide vision, design, and oversight to help create and implement an overall digital architectural plan, while aligning resources to build high-quality digital products and services in an association environment. Efforts will span both the evolution of the current digital portfolio as well as deliver new capabilities and enhancements.
Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) or PDF samples showing previous work.
Travel: 5 – 10 %.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g., Digital Marketing or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master’s degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Ten (10) years of related experience in in digital media, website design, and content management required.
- Previous supervisory and/or organizational leadership experience required.
- Proven experience engaging and growing audience interest via digital channels.
- Strong track record of managing web properties.
- Expertise in web optimization, analytics, and video/interactive communications strongly preferred.
- Experience with multiple content management systems, Pay-Per-Click (PPC), and paid digital media strongly preferred. Sitecore® Experience Platform™ (XP) experience a plus.
- Website architecture, interactive demo design and development, and extranet design initiative(s) experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise security and familiarity with authentication environments, particularly ADFS and IdentityServer, a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
- Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Software: Microsoft Office required; Project strongly preferred.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be infrequently required. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-06