Manager, Economic Development Policy
We’re looking for an experienced economic development policy professional to support Amazon Studios, including worldwide production operations, real estate transactions, government partnerships and other policy priorities for the business.
Job responsibilities include:
· Strengthen relationships with film commissions and other economic development organizations (EDOs) to drive long-term, global initiatives, such as infrastructure development (i.e. studio and sound stage construction), talent mobility) and workforce development (i.e. building trades and production crews).
· Work with government partners to support studio, sound stage and other real estate transactions, and fast-track and streamline permit approvals (e.g. secure concierge level service) to compress construction timelines and protect production schedules.
· Craft agreements and other government partnerships to support productions and the communities in which they locate, and access film commission programs.
· Advocate for our film sector policy priorities to secure favorable treatment under existing film commission programs (i.e. exception/exemption letter rulings and determinations re: rules and regulations), influence next gen programs, pursue special enabling legislation and establish new programs in emerging markets to support our productions.
· Track planned and/or pending legislation that could impact existing film commission programs, as well as opportunities to pursue grandfather provisions or legislative amendments to support our productions.
· Understand our corporate presence and other Amazon projects or potential investments, and leverage that business activity to support productions as appropriate.
· Work collaboratively with various Studios teams, including but not limited to, production operations, legal, tax, public relations, marketing and publicity teams.
· Support relationships with film industry policymakers, trade associations (Motion Picture Association, Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, etc.), and industry peers and partners (other studios, production services companies, etc.) as necessary.
· You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humor.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 7+ years of recent international economic development and direct transactional experience, and subject matter expertise within a studio, corporate organization, law firm, legal department, accounting firm, consultancy, government and external affairs department, or government agency.
· Ability to travel domestically on a frequent basis and internationally on an occasional basis.
· JD or Advanced Degree preferred, law degree or advanced degree not strictly required but would be a strong plus.
· Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certifications a plus.
· Public policy and government affairs experience preferred.
· Proficiency with Excel, Salesforce and similar programs for client management.
· Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
· High degree of judgment and awareness in working with many stakeholders with disparate interests.
· Experience leading and managing teams and third-party vendors, contractors and advisors.
· Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with international governments, and other public and private sector stakeholders.
· Experience supporting international expansion outside of North America.
· Prior experience with steep learning curves, and the ability to effectively communicate complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
· Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity, with strongest professional reputation in the industry.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-06