Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Education Technology Policy
LOCATION: SIIA is based in Washington, D.C.and strongly prefers applicants to be based in
the D.C. metro area but will consider U.S.- based remote applicants for this position.
ORGANIZATION: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
POSITION TITLE: Manager, Education Technology Policy
DURATION: Full Time
The Software & Information Industry Association’s (SIIA) Public Policy and Government Affairs
team is hiring a policy manager to help develop and advance technology policy, with a primary
focus on issues related to education technology policy. Education technology is a rapidly
growing, fast-paced industry that sees impactful proposals introduced at all levels of
government. SIIA is the only trade association representing the education technology industry
and is dedicated to creating an environment that enables high quality educational experiences
for learners with a focus on equity, privacy, and improving student outcomes.
In this job, you will:
● Collaborate with SIIA’s Vice President, Education and Children’s Policy to understand
and advocate for public policy that aligns with SIIA’s mission.
● Engage on policy issues at the state, federal, and international levels on issues
impacting SIIA’s member companies making educational technology products. This
includes working with the VP and other members on the Public Policy and Government
Affairs team to review legislation, write letters, attend relevant industry meetings, submit
comments on regulatory initiatives, and other work, as assigned.
● Research and write reports on issues impacting SIIA’s members such as children’s
privacy, student data privacy, workforce issues, education funding, and more.
● Brief SIIA member companies on relevant policy issues.
● Attend meetings with other organizations and coalitions representing SIIA’s members.
● Organize events – in-person and online – in partnership with SIIA colleagues and other
● Work with the Managing Director of SIIA’s CODiEs program to collaborate on annual
awards honoring excellence in education technology.
● Experience working with the federal legislative, executive, and policymaking bodies.
● Experience working for the U.S. House of Representatives or the U.S. Senate is
● Experience in education or technology policy.
● Ability to navigate complex political and policy issues and distill key messages for a
● Self-starter that likes to learn and is open to hearing multiple perspectives on different
● Ability to register as a lobbyist.
● Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree not required but
● Competitive Salary & Growth Potential
● Paid Annual & Sick Leave
● Paid Holidays
● Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
● 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
What We Love About You:
● You are thoughtful, energetic, innovative, results-oriented and a resourceful self-starter.
● You have a tenacious work ethic, dedicated to exceeding expectations.
● You have a “customer first” mindset and are obsessive about building and maximizing value
for our members.
● You are collaborative and accountable, and committed to integrity.
● You embrace the diverse perspectives of all people and honor them with dignity and respect.
● You find time to laugh and strive to “make people’s day” in all your interactions.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Manager, Education Technology Policy”
in the subject line.
SIIA believes a diversity of voices leads to better outcomes for our members, our employees, our
products and our communities. We are proudly committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship,
marital status, disability, gender identity, political persuasion or Veteran status. If you have a disability
or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Job posted: 2022-09-08