Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy, Public Affairs
The UN Foundation’s award-winning Public Affairs team is seeking a savvy, collaborative, experienced email marketing professional to join our team. The Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy will own the email program for UN Foundation. They will be responsible for shaping, creating, and implementing a renewed email strategy covering a range of issues, including sustainable development, climate action, and gender equality.
They will have a data-first approach to email marketing and be energized by the opportunity to turn analytics into strategies and plans that advance UN Foundation’s goals and priorities. They will work closely with other members of the Public Affairs team and issue experts/teams across the Foundation, to drive lead generation, engage and retain audiences, optimize tactics and products, and create a high-visibility email program that complements user journeys and conversion paths.
This position is based in Washington, DC.
- Own all aspects of email marketing and strategy, from beginning to end – including discovery, planning, copywriting, design/development, audience/list segmentation, and testing.
- In collaboration with content team leads, create and maintain email marketing strategy and plans that aligns with the Foundation’s wider business strategy.
- Create emails that align with UN Foundation’s messaging, voice, and brand with support from Public Affairs colleagues.
- Recommend innovative email strategies and tactics that support UN Foundation’s user journeys and conversion paths.
- Develop a testing strategy, report on results and insights, and use findings to optimize and scale email programs and products.
- Lead on reporting results to leadership against targets and priorities, as well as respond to requests for data and insights outside of normal reporting cadence.
- Own the management of UN Foundation’s core email database, ensuring hygiene, quality, and organization that allows UN Foundation to deliver highly targeted and personalized email campaigns.
- Establish a sophisticated approach to audience and list segmentation.
- Liaise with Information Technology teams to ensure infrastructure and tools to support email strategy, automation and lead generation are in place.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, business, communications, or related field.
- 5-7 years of in-house or agency experience managing email marketing programs for non-profits, within increasing responsibility.
- Experience in sustainable development preferred.
- Experience managing email lists with at least 200,000 active subscribers.
- Demonstrable experience using EveryAction / NGP VAN product suite required.
- Experience and technical skills in all aspects of email marketing (list management, segmentation, and automation) and creative aspects (copywriting, content creation).
- Proven ability to create and pitch email marketing strategies and plans.
- Experience coding and editing HTML.
- Familiarity working in KPI-driven environments, and expert knowledge of analytics and measurement for email marketing.
- Experience translating data into actionable insights and recommendations and using findings to inform and shape email strategy.
- Deep understanding of creating and articulating personas, segmentation and testing.
- Obsessed with accuracy, organization, and paying attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Consistently attuned to email marketing trends, innovations, data, and evolving practices.
- Awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals and familiarity with the UN’s mission and work preferred.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-07