Manager, Employee Communications & Experiences
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike’s own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of NIKE, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join our North America Communications team.
This role supports Employee Communications & Experiences for the North America geography. You will have strong strategic instincts, the ability to take the initiative, and execute flawlessly. You have a proven track record of taking ideas further to create surprising moments and experiences for employees. You have strong editorial skills with the ability to build a variety of storytelling content through various mediums and platforms. You can build communications strategies with a sharp focus on Employee Engagement, Narrative-Led Storytelling, Leadership Communications and Change Management. You can work in a cross-functional, highly matrixed environment, building trust and positive working relationships with key partners and leaders. We’re looking for an experienced communications manger who has a truly diverse skillset to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
The role of the Employee Communications & Experiences Manager is to support, drive and execute a fully integrated and holistic narrative-led employee communications strategy across the North America geography, by engaging a wide range of employee groups in a variety of locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute strategies to engage and inspire all North America employees, using traditional, digital and social media platforms with a focus on compelling storytelling and experiences.
- Support geo-wide communications for employee audiences.
- Build strategic, integrated communications plans with business and communications partners.
- Support employee engagement events (All-Hands Meetings, Leadership engagement moments, etc.) and lead editorial plans that highlight priority themes.
- Drive employee communications for the key city of LA through dedicated communications support including leadership communications engagement, key city employee engagement, and amplification of LA stories across the broader geo.
- Manage editorial planning and storytelling through internal platforms and channels.
- Collaborate with key internal partners in a highly matrixed environment.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You’ll be part of the North America Communications team, specifically a member of the Employee Communications & Experiences sub-team, working closely with HR, strategy, Brand, LA leadership, as well as connecting back with key partners across the entire North America and Global Communications team. This position reports to the Senior Director, North America Employee Communications & Experiences, based in Beaverton, OR.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, PR, English, Humanities, Sociology, Psychology, Communications, or related subject area.
- 5+ years professional experience in high profile corporate, agency, and/or public relations roles support global brands with a strong preference for an emphasis on culture and sport.
- Two additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree.
- Culturally curious and hyper-connected – allows you to be constantly seeking new storytelling opportunities and ideas.
- Ability to establish relationships.
- Confirmed ability to communicate plans across a sophisticated matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and cultures, and working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Successful experience in working effectively supporting senior executives and a shown ability to help provide guidance and direction.
- Proficient with messaging and content creation – particularly adept at writing, flexible in various formats.
- Optimistic and solutions oriented.
- Comfortable trying new approaches and strong professional agility.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
HOW WE HIRE
At NIKE, Inc. we promise to provide a premium, inclusive, compelling and authentic candidate experience. Delivering on this promise means we allow you to be at your best — and to do that, you need to understand how the hiring process works. Transparency is key. * This overview explains our hiring process for corporate roles. Note there may be different hiring steps involved for non-corporate roles.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-23