Manager, Employee Communications
About the team
The employee communications team drives internal communications within Zillow Group, and is passionate about informing, engaging, and inspiring employees to deliver on our company mission, strategies, priorities and values. This role will report to the Zillow Group director of employee communications, working closely with corporate communications, leadership communications, public relations, human resources, and other lines of business communications leads, in addition to the Premier Agent communications lead.
About the role
At Zillow, we’re on a mission to give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter. Our employees are getting the rare opportunity to shape the most significant moments of people’s lives – transforming how they buy, sell, finance and rent homes. The Zillow Group employee communications team is looking for a manager to support company-wide employee communications and deliver communications specific to our Premier Agent line of business.
This person will be responsible for executing company-wide internal communications that enhance employee understanding and engagement of Zillow’s mission, values and strategy. The successful candidate will work closely with Premier Agent communications leaders to develop world class employee communications for the line of business.
- Deliver on innovative communications solutions to improve employee awareness, understanding, ownership, engagement and advocacy of Zillow’s mission, strategy, priorities, values and results.
- Becomes knowledgeable about the specific focus areas for Premier Agent to communicate matters of importance to its employees and the entire Zillow Group employee population.
- Identifies, creates, and distributes strategic content for large-scale Premier Agent-wide employee communications (programs, initiative rollouts, launches, progress towards key results, etc.) and content from the line of business to employees across the entire enterprise.
- Completes major writing assignments on-time, while delivering high quality. Major writing assignments include ghost writing (emails, scripts, speech, presentations, etc.) for the head of the Premier Agent line of business, intranet content, newsletter copy and other employee communications as assigned.
- Partner with communications colleagues on change management communications so employees have a clear understanding of the reasons for business and strategy decisions.
- Incorporates innovative communications solutions and identifies new ways to effectively reach Premier Agent employees and employees across the company with Premier Agent specific messages.
- Partners with the in-house editorial team to create employee videos, graphics, blogs, etc. for Premier Agent employees and employees across the entire company.
- Support the content development of Premier Agent-wide all hands meetings and Q&A sessions and drives post event measurement.
- Provide employee communications advice, counsel, coaching and support to C-level executives and key leadership team executives regarding employee communications.
- Exercises careful judgment/sensitivity in identifying and framing communications.
- Prioritizes high-value efforts and trades-off work of less strategic importance.
Who you are
- Five years of employee communications experience, which must include development and execution of strategic communications plans and narratives.
- Has a proven track record of cross-group collaboration, the ability to influence corporate and local teams at multiple levels of the organization respectfully and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Business Management.
- Strategic storyteller and creative thinker who’s always advocating for our employees.
- Deadline-driven self-starter with good judgement and a strong attention to detail.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, good humor, and commitment.
Get to know us
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18