Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Environmental and Social Responsibility
It’s fun to work in a team that is advancing the sustainable future of the fuel industry!
We’re committed to working by our values of driving results the REG way with collaboration, innovation, dedication, passion and effectiveness.
The purpose of this job is to manage the gathering of information and the decision-making required to frame the company’s environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) position, resulting in an agreed set of metrics to be tracked and reported externally and a compelling story told in an ESG report or equivalent. The person will gather information from key stakeholders and company leadership and work with them to develop the company’s internal and external position about ESG matters and collaboratively determine and champion REG’s environmental and social responsibility goals. The person will be responsible for preparing a regularly published ESG report in support of company strategy and in keeping with company culture, leadership input and key external factors identified.
The person will also be expected to be an ESG ambassador throughout REG by championing key messages and relevant areas of strategy and culture, ensuring these are ingrained throughout our business information and performance reporting
Enable communication of REG’s ESG initiatives already underway, considering our strategy and our culture, by adopting an approach of simplicity and clarity such that the messaging is a natural extension of how we are doing business and creating value together.
- Facilitate the implementation and coordination of REG’s ESG tracking, practices and programs to support REG’s desired ESG messaging and Chevron corporate needs.
- Serve as REG champion in planning and collaborating on ESG messaging by engaging internal and external team members, consultants and partners.
- Work with senior leadership and others to ensure strategic initiatives take into account ESG benefits and best practices to guarantee alignment and maximum benefits.
- In partnership with subject matter experts (SMEs), identify and prioritize REG’s current tracking and measurement. Assess the organization’s current performance, identify and prioritize the organization’s key ESG metrics.
- With simplicity in mind, integrate and drive streamlined data collection, storage, validation, submission and performance review processes for external ESG disclosures.
- Develop and deliver, in collaboration with Corporate Communications and external consultant(s), an integrated communications plan in support of our broader environmental, social and governance objectives.
- Provide customer support as part of the Sales function related to product emissions; ability to speak to other ESG topics
- Engage with Global Sourcing regarding business partner communications and improvement of supply chain sustainability
Manage the preparation and publication of REG’s external ESG materials and reports.
- Managing, coordinate and execute with Corporate Communications the external and internal communications activities that will support the ESG initiative.
- Collaborate across the business to drive streamlined data collection, storage, validation, submission and performance review processes for external disclosures including the annual report and other ESG reporting to be determined.
- Manage project budgets, schedules and work plans to ensure project completion.
- In partnership with internal teams, design a reporting system that includes specific ESG activities for business leaders by area to foster internal collaboration and internal sharing among all departments and teams.
- Analyze and synthesize large volumes of raw data, when needed, to inform system design or to provide inputs into other materials. Design and collaborate on the build-out of a data management system for internal and external reporting that includes easy to use report tools and methodology for audit validation.
- Provide strategic insight, business case justifications and return on investment analysis for ESG spending and ensure alignment with business strategies.
- Support continuous improvement by seeking to evolve as the ESG reporting based changes in desired outcomes.
- Benchmark REG’s ESG efforts against peers and ESG leaders.
Other frequent duties:
- Monitor and share best practices with the organization on environment, social and governance practices.
- Work with departments to determine external ESG needs for business development, government affairs, corporate affairs and communications.
- Serve as REG’s subject matter expert on ESG matters.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: 4-year bachelor’s degree – Liberal Arts, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Environmental Studies or related degree
Experience Required: 5+ years
Advanced presentation skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Data compilation and analysis skills
Technical knowledge and experience with relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks (specifically SASB, TCFD, GHG Protocol)
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02