Manager, Executive Communications
The Manager of Executive Communications for Walt Disney World Resort works with key executive leaders – including the President, Walt Disney World – to develop communications and engagement strategies that align with the priorities of the company.
This role requires someone who is creative, nimble and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will effectively develop speeches, scripts, memos and social media posts and will oversee video and presentation production. Critical to success in this role will be a versatile leader who can break down complex business concepts into simple language and develop materials that connect to Disney’s heritage to inspire and motivate audiences. The right candidate will also have strong leadership skills, value collaboration and enjoy being part of a large team. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, Walt Disney World, and will be part of a division that includes Public Relations, Communications, Corporate Citizenship and Government Relations.
Walt Disney World is one of the top vacation destinations in the world, and this is an exciting time to be part of the team as the 50th anniversary celebration approaches.
- Develop strategies for internal and external executive engagement for Disney executives, with the President, Walt Disney World, as the primary client
- Lead a small team to oversee the development of written materials, video scripts, letters, memos, social media posts, audio-visual support materials and other forms of communication for senior leaders; act as a writer and content developer
- Prioritize and manage multiple communications projects
- Proactively identify and recommend appropriate speaking/communication opportunities and topics; maintain a detailed and updated calendar of all communications plans; provide regular executive engagement updates
- Accompany speakers to events and activities to provide support as needed
- Work with key partners companywide to research topics
- Serve as a partner on the planning team for large executive meetings, including Town Halls
- Maintain awareness of company, industry and overall business issues, goals, trends and challenges
- Provide coaching on public-speaking skills as needed
- Ensure speeches and other communications efforts are developed well in advance of deadlines to give executive leadership time to prepare
- Work on integration efforts through regular meetings and check-ins with team leaders
- A minimum five years of professional communications experience
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to process and incorporate feedback
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and maintain a high level of quality
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen and presence
- Proven ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- Professional speechwriting, presentation design, correspondence and social media experience
- Disney experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, communications or a related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-25