Manager, External Communications
- Support the global HR external comms strategy by creating and implementing compelling communications programs, content and campaigns that position American Express as an employer of choice.
- Build awareness and visibility for American Express through proactive media relations and social media activities.
- Identify opportunities to build American Express’ thought leadership through media opportunities and speaking engagements.
- Foster relationships with media and serve as spokesperson when necessary.
- Provide counsel and collaborate with colleagues in the Colleague Experience Group and other cross-functional partners across the company.
- Help oversee and manage public relations agencies and other external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Minimum of five to seven years communications/PR experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create connections and build relationships across functions and levels.
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience developing and implementing creative PR and social media programs.
- Proven media relations experience, with the ability to source and place compelling, newsworthy stories.
- Relationships with business media and HR reporters a plus.
- Strong project manager with ability to think independently, quickly, and apply good judgment.
- Strategic problem solver with strong business acumen.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on short- and long-term priorities.
- Proven experience in managing PR agencies and/or teams; agency experience a plus.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-18