Manager, External Communications
Nestlé stands for Good food, Good life. You know us as the world’s largest food and beverage company behind your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new innovations like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. We believe our role goes beyond that. We have a broader responsibility within society to Create Shared Value – value for our consumers, for our employees, for our customers, for investors and for society.
The External Communications Manager plays a key role in building and protecting Nestlé’s reputation in the US market. This individual will help proactively tell the Nestlé corporate story in earned media with a focus on topics such as innovation, business transformation, responsible sourcing, sustainability, nutrition, health and wellness. The individual will be a spokesperson for Nestlé. The role also includes issues and crisis communications.
- Partners with Communications leadership to develop, implement, and manage a strategic communications plan that drives Nestlé USA’s business objectives and strengthens the company’s reputation. Measures and reports on results.
- Serves as a spokesperson. Establishes and builds a positive relationship with the media, and organizes programs and events that tell Nestlé’s business story.
- Drives editorial calendar planning, and identifies and pitches key storylines that support Nestlé’s business story. Coordinates with PR agencies and broader team as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating crisis response, working closely with the brand PR team and External Communications Lead, including writing and distributing news releases and position statements, coordinating traditional and social media strategy and responding to requests for information from the media, analysts and other sources.
- Planning and writing of news releases, articles, editorials, publications and other written communications products to ensure Nestlé USA is well positioned.
- Interacts with external organizations (e.g., PR agencies, industry associations and NGOs) to develop and implement communication plans. Coordinates with various internal stakeholders to provide content on issues such as change management, strategic communication, company policy, crisis management, etc.
- Interfaces with senior leadership to identify key themes and opportunities for communication.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and other communications professionals to ensure that the organization’s internal and external communications strategies are aligned.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Receives direct supervision from Team Lead, External Corporate Communications. Additional supervision given by the Head of Corporate Communications
No direct reports.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 7-10 years professional experience required
- Experience in media relations and as a company spokesperson required
- Experience leading highly visible communications campaigns required
- Experience handling high stakes, fast-moving crises preferred
- Experience managing teams and working cross-functionally in highly matrixed organizations preferred
- PR agency experience preferred
- Exceptional content strategy, messaging, writing, editing, and journalistic skills
- Must be able to juggle several tasks at one time
- Collaborative team player with a good sense of humor
- Must be able to perform duties in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Understanding of the political, business, economic and societal issues facing Nestlé
- Discipline and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Impeccable communication skills
- Experience in social media platforms
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-27