Manager External Relations APBA
Background: APBA is the trade association for a thriving and resourceful industry of plastic bag manufacturers and suppliers employing 25,000 American workers in more than 40 states. We proactively promote product lines and lead numerous public policy initiatives that serve as the frontline defense against plastic bag bans and taxes nationwide. The APBA is a part of the Plastics Industry Association.
General Summary: The Manager, External Relations, will play an important role in member and public engagement. Along with preparing communications to members of the APBA, the manager will be tasked with stakeholder engagement throughout the country
- Work with Executive Director and regional, state, and local consultants to engage stakeholders in areas of strategic importance.
- Develop and distribute regular member communications that are thoughtful and engaging.
- Work with internal and external public affairs and media relations teams to produce content and conduct necessary outreach to elected officials.
- Help defeat burdensome taxation and regulation while promoting an industry committed to sustainability, recycling, and creating manufacturing jobs in America.
- Have fun in your job.
- Internal: Staff, consultants, membership.
- External: Local and state-level stakeholders and elected officials. Industry coalitions and NGOs.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience: Two to four years of experience in communications, coalition management, or trade association role. Ability to think strategically and tactically. Understanding of how to assemble coalitions and build consensus. Strong grasp of the lawmaking process at local and state levels.
- Core Competencies: Outstanding written and oral communications skills. Understanding of the legislative process. Teamwork, ethical behavior, ability to quickly adjust to change and to work under pressure. Customer service orientation. Attention to detail is important, so please include your favorite color in the first line of your cover letter. Member communications — written and oral — are a central part of PLASTICS’s day-to-day business; staff member will be expected to treat member communications as a top priority. Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously. Ability to travel.
Please respond with a cover letter including salary requirements and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2017-11-30