Manager, Federal Government Affairs
CRISPR Therapeutics is a leading gene editing company focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its proprietary CRISPR/Cas9 platform. CRISPR/Cas9 is a revolutionary gene editing technology that allows for precise, directed changes to genomic DNA. CRISPR Therapeutics has established a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a broad range of disease areas including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine and rare diseases. To accelerate and expand its efforts, CRISPR Therapeutics has established strategic collaborations with leading companies including Bayer, Vertex Pharmaceuticals and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, with its wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary, CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc., and R&D operations based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and business offices in San Francisco, California and London, United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Vice President of Government Affairs, the manager of Federal Government Affairs will develop advocates within Congress and the administration who have an awareness of, and commitment to ending, the disparate impact Sickle Cell Disease has on African American communities across the country.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Educating members of Congress and their staff about CRISPR/Cas9 technology in general and specifically how our treatment has demonstrated the potential to effectively cure those with a severe diagnosis.
Engaging with third-party groups and trade associations who have shared interests including but not limited to BIO, ARM, CBCF, NMQF, IGT, among others.
Monitoring and analyzing federal government proposals and seeking to shape proposals to align with CRISPR Therapeutics’ policy objectives.
Working cross-functionally as CRISPR brings these therapies to market in the next 18 – 24 months, including collaborating with our state government affairs and our internal commercial, regulatory and medical affairs teams on coverage, reimbursement and other policy issues and to strategically align the organization on policy goals with the federal government.
- Develop and manage relationships with and outreach to Congress, the administration, and relevant external stakeholders.
- Monitor, review, and analyze legislative and/or administrative actions that potentially have an impact upon the company to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Lead development of substantive, accurate, and compelling materials that clearly communicate complex legislative and regulatory issues with an impact on the company and the patients.
- Manage and maintain lobbyist and PAC reporting.
- Support strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the company political action committee with specific emphasis on administrative and grassroots coordination.
- Participate with industry associations and as necessary with other stakeholders and professional associations.
- BS/BA degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Recent congressional experience preferred
- Understanding of federal political and policy-making processes
- Expertise in federal government political, legislative, and regulatory operations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior leadership in multiple forms of communication
- Strong understanding of the dynamics of the pharmaceutical industry
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08