Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Federal Government Affairs
Requisition ID: 60156
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
- 6-years of Congressional or related experience at the Federal government level
FL Delegation – Lead Lobbyist
- In charge of managing relationships with the Florida Congressional Delegation.
- This includes keeping in touch with them regularly, updating them on news at the company, going to fundraisers, travel, and inviting them to visit our HQ or sites in their district.
- Lead Delegation letters and calls for the Delegation on Hurricane preparedness.
PAC and Event Administration and Management
- In charge of administering the PAC and managing relationships with the 12 Board Members.
- Continue to grow NextEra Energy PAC and engage employees in political awareness.
- Host events for employees, and PAC donors, including written DC updates.
- Work with Corporate Secretary to support and respond to requests regarding shareholder proposals and disclosures.
This position influences federal legislation and regulation, in order to further the company goals of promoting sound energy policy, protecting customer and employee interests and shareholder value.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and tracks federal legislation, regulation and issues important to the company’s strategic mission
- Develops and maintains relationships with Members of Congress and the administration with emphasis in areas of committee members relevant to issues important to the company
- Manages political action committee and grassroots efforts nationally
- Provides in depth research on Congressional Committees, proposed legislation, and issues important to the company
- Participates in developing internal strategic planning to accomplish legislative goals of the company
- Responds to congressional inquiries involving the company or affecting the company’s interests
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding issues and activities of Congress and federal agencies and how this may relate to the company interests
- Conducts research on current political issues affecting the company and electric utility industry
- Generates correspondence, activity reports, summaries and analysis of issues and legislation that are strategic for the company
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 6+ years
- Master’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-06-18