Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Federal Government Relations
The Adobe Policy, Government and Ethical Innovation team is looking for an innovative and well-connected federal government relations professional to work in a dynamic and enjoyable work environment. If you enjoy helping others achieve their goals, building an extensive network of relationships inside the executive and legislative branches, advocating for a cause, and building consensus with other like-minded organizations, this position may be for you. A successful candidate will have knowledge of the federal appropriations, agency budget, and technology procurement policy processes. This role requires excellent communication and writing ability, high energy, and a curiosity about the technology policy and the government IT modernization and customer experience space.
The position reports to the Director of U.S. Federal Government Relations, in Adobe’s Washington, DC office.
What you’ll Do
- Manage government relations and procurement policy activities with Adobe’s federal business
- Assist in developing and carrying out government relations advocacy objectives and public policy priorities for Adobe before US federal executive and legislative branches of government
- Assist Adobe’s Public Sector Sales Team in all aspects of the sales process: opportunity qualification, budget and funding, opportunity development, proposal, RFP response, closure, solution deployment, post-sales care
- Attend congressional hearings, government-industry events and trade association meetings and report back to the business;
- Work collaboratively and openly with the Adobe public sector team to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Coordinate briefings between government executives and Adobe leaders;
- Assist with developing relationships with federal policy leaders, internal public-sector sales teams, trade association policy staff, and customer decision-makers;
- Assist in advocating for procurement and digital government policy changes that improve the customer experience and the digital service delivery provided by the government.
What you need to succeed
- 5 -10 years of proven experience.
- Experience with U.S. legislative process, technology policy and appropriations process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – both written and oral.
- Proficient in developing MS PowerPoint presentations and working with MS Excel/Word and Adobe Acrobat to lead team tasks and write policy papers.
- Interest in evangelizing federal digital government policy and content authenticity issues.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and creatively.
- Strong self-starter who is a phenomenal teammate and excels in developing and completing their own work plan.
- Ability to take complicated technical concepts and translate them in a compelling and succinct manner on paper and in person.
- Knowledge of federal government agencies’ structure and functions.
- Must be willing to register as a Federal Lobbyist.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Passionate about government service and the role of government in society.
- Strong desire for success
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-20