Manager, Federal GR Multicultural Engagement & Chicago Public Policy Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
This Manager, reporting to the Director of Multicultural & Chicago Public Policy & Engagement, will support external engagement with federal elected officials, Administration officials, other stakeholders, third party advocacy groups, and implement the tactical engagement with the members of the following caucuses:
- Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC);
- Congressional Black Caucus (CBC);
- Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues (CCWI);
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC); and
- Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus
In collaboration with the Director, the Manager will execute a proactive engagement plan to enhance brand’s reputation with key audiences in Washington, DC. The individual will work closely with the Director to develop, plan, and coordinate outreach, events, message development, issue management, influencer engagement, policy communications and thought leadership designed to share McDonald’s brand narrative with key multicultural audiences in Washington, D.C.
- Work with key internal partners (McDonald’s Owner-Operators, Public Policy, Field Brand Communications, Sustainability and DEI) and external stakeholders (NGOs , consultants, and other industry professionals).
- Develop and implement a plan for proactively establishing productive relationships with the Tri-Caucus, CCWI and the Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus.
- Serve as an ambassador for McDonald’s by developing strategies to positively impact brand reputation and federal regulatory and legislative issues facing the McDonald’s system, intersecting with the company’s DEI and Community priorities.
- Advocate and work with third party groups to address system priorities.
- Establish and maintain a sophisticated political network.
- Maintain and advocate for McDonald’s in trade associations; use trade associations to reach McDonald’s business and advocacy goals.
- Develop and execute plans to successfully coordinate key outreach plans in Washington D.C., including, but not limited to, fly-ins, staff briefings, meet-and-greets and informational testimony.
- Partner with regional staff to amplify local government relations initiatives.
- Help direct field activities when grassroots action is necessary to influence legislation.
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication pathways with operator leadership, regional leadership, and senior management, advising them on all matters relating to local legislation and public policy issues of interest.
- Interact with state and local staff and provide information, advice and perspective concerning federal government leadership, policies and activities.
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience in federal government relations/lobbying and/or congress
- Significant political acumen strategic planning capabilities
- Previous relationships and/or experience working with a political caucus structure, especially multicultural caucuses. Strong writing, presentation and relationship-development skills are essential as this position requires communication to a variety of audiences at every level of the company
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment with constant change
- Experience engaging with strategic third party advocacy groups strongly preferred
- Experience in the private sector preferred
- Familiarity with industry preferred
- Campaign experience a plus
- Strong communication, networking, and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter and good teammate
- Creative thinker, proven experience in concept to execution of new ideas
- Solution oriented problem solver
- Ability to influence others outside direct line of control, management
- High level of strategic focus, planning, perspective
- Strong presentation skills
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18