Manager, Foundation Relations Code 2012
Asia Society is a global not-for-profit organization based in New York City
dedicated to promoting mutual understanding among peoples, leaders, and
institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. The position is part of
the External Affairs team that focuses on strategically developing partnerships with
foundations and governments to advance Asia Society’s pillars of arts and culture,
education, and public policy.
• Secure funding for Asia Society programs by managing and growing a portfolio
of foundation and government partners. Manage all phases of grant cycle from
solicitation to renewal.
• Provide significant support for partnerships in Executive Director’s portfolio.
• Develop high-quality, complex written donor communications on diverse
topics: letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, budgets, and other collateral
tailored to interests and requirements of donors, and in collaboration with
external affairs, program, and finance teams.
• Develop relationships and serve as point of contact with donor program officers.
• Identify prospects; conduct prospect research.
• Oversee moves management tracking; manage team pipeline and calendar;
• Represent team at internal meetings; represent organization externally to
donors, at conferences and other events. Attend Asia Society programs
including occasional morning and evening events (upon reopening).
• Manage special projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 4 years of experience, and a track record of success, specifically in
foundation fundraising. Experience and success with state and federal proposals
is a strong plus.
• Experience working for a large national or international not for profit highly
• Exceptional writing skills. Experience translating complex and diverse
programmatic issues into clear, well organized, compelling narratives aligning
with donor guidelines and priorities.
• Knowledgeable about international and national grant makers, and experienced
devising and implementing grant strategies.
• Excellent grant prospecting, presentation, and organizational skills required.
• Able to work independently, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and
work effectively with diverse internal and external constituents.
• Knowledge and understanding of political and cultural environment of Asia
• Excellent customer service skills; handles workplace matters in a professional,
courteous and friendly manner.
• Experience and interest in working in a multicultural environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM platform and tools (Salesforce
How To Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
List job code 2012 and job title in the subject line.
Asia Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2020-09-30