Manager, Global Communications – Corporate Affairs
What you’ll do…
Who we are:
The Sam’s Club Corporate Communications team is focused on building and strengthening Sam’s Club’s brand through compelling storytelling, effective media relations and authentic executive leadership engagement. We are a nimble and energetic group of communicators that works cross-functionally with every aspect of Sam’s Club business – including merchandising, technology, operations and more – and in partnership with the broader Corporate Affairs team to make an impact on our associates, members and communities. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join us on that journey.
About the Role:
We are looking for a communicator who has a desire to grow and learn to join our team as Manager, Corporate Communications. This role will have you thinking on your feet every day and pivoting from one project to the next. You’ll be leading 360-communciations work and be responsible for reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. The ability to jump in quickly, see a project through end-to-end and effectively problem solve will be key to this role.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Being a creative, forward thinking, curious and data-driven communicator who will create and shape content during this pivotal moment in our company’s history.
- Writing and executing effective communications for assigned business areas. This could include but is not limited to drafting stories for our corporate blog, writing talking points and remarks for executives, creating social media content, producing video scripts and building communications plans.
- Partnering to develop strategies for how we can communicate internally with our associates in relevant and timely ways through social media, town halls, leadership touchpoints, and more.
- Identifying ways we can measure the success of our communication approach through data-driven techniques.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, designers and PR agency to ensure consistent and timely communication and media relations.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re passionate about storytelling and an excellent writer
- You’re a creative thinker and a visionary
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- You’re organized, disciplined, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Most important, you’re a team player who loves to have fun while doing great work together
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field and 2 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or related field OR 4 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Supervising Associates, Web Media Strategy
About Sam’s Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam’s Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam’s Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam’s Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam’s Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Job posted: 2021-03-15