Manager, Global Communications and Influencer Marketing
Bumble and bumble is a fashion-forward, luxury hair care brand located in NYC. It started as one NYC salon and evolved into a multi-million-dollar brand comprised of 2 Flagship salons, an innovative product company that houses a strong in-house creative agency, a direct sales force, and a university for hairdressers and salon owners.
To this day we are committed to cultivating creativity and inclusivity, while remaining deeply and passionately dedicated to the craft, culture and commerce of hairdressing.
The hair category is growing, competitive and fast paced. This is a unique opportunity to leave a mark on one of the industry’s most darling brands.
This position oversees day-to-day operations of PR for Bumble and bumble, including relations with traditional media, social media Influencers, the fashion industry and cultural tastemakers. One of the most important responsibilities is the development and delivery of the brand’s social media influencer strategy including growing engagement and awareness of the brand. Additional responsibilities include managing the brand’s overall storytelling calendar, developing relationships and advocacy for the brand, and leading the brand’s partnerships strategy.
This Manager functions as the key liaison with the external professional hairdressing world. This position also plays a role in helping to develop and maintain relationships with external opinion leaders such as the Bb. team of editorial stylists, their agents, modeling agencies, fashion PR firms, fashion production companies, designers, photographers, etc.
The role will also work with the Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Communications team on risk mitigation and issues management should they arise in the brand, and on talent and leadership announcements.
- Create a communications plan with clear goals, budget and tactics to drive brand awareness, trial, interest and engagement. Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, online and social media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities for the brand.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships to grow brand awareness and reach.
- Lead execution of the strategy with traditional and new media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within beauty and salon industry media.
- Manage media inquiries, interview requests, and create content for press releases.
- Arrange media events as appropriate for brand initiatives.
- Oversee day-to-day pitches to editors – maintain ongoing contact with the main beauty editors and associates at the major magazines.
- Pitch story ideas to editors and work with them on ongoing stories and regular columns.
- Direct pitch calendar of monthly stories, ensuring that pitches and mailings go out on time.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis, and optimize based on results.
- Maintain and grow the brand’s reputation within the professional salon industry through trade press and other media
- Manage PR outreach for Fashion Week and other fashion-related activities.
- Coordinate all Fashion Week activities with the support of team.
- Ensure a seamless integration of the brand’s PR and influencer strategies with overall marketing efforts.
- Collaborate closely with the Consumer Engagement team to deliver on consumer and professional engagement initiatives.
- Proactively manage the brand’s “influencer funnel,” constantly refreshing it with fresh, authentic, on-trend advocates for Bumble and bumble.
- Manage the multi-tiered influencer approach (in collaboration with the broader Consumer Engagement team) including mailings, opportunistic influencer activations and fully integrated influencer-led marketing campaigns.
- Manage the deployment of the brand’s PR and influencer strategies to markets and affiliates around the world.
- Identify the right influencers to drive brand awareness, interest and engagement. Develop authentic connections to lead to genuine brand advocacy.
- Stay ahead of the rapidly evolving influencer landscape to ensure Bb. gains more engagement than competition.
- Constantly update and develop the brand’s roster of influencers based on brand marketing objectives.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of relevant experience required; Agency and Brand PR experience preferred.
- Strong writing, communications, time management and relationship–building skills as well as established excellent media relations
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex events and the ability to successfully adapt to the changing demands of live/virtual events
- Proven experience with tracking/reporting Impressions, Reach, ROI, Attendance and other KPIs
- Must have experience working with creative professionals and negotiating with outside parties (stylists’ agents, fashion designer production, etc).
- Must understand and relate to the fashion and entertainment industries, hairdressers, photographers, stylists, agents, PR firms.
- Solution oriented and collaborative leader (must work well with other functions and departments)
- Strong knowledge of major beauty and fashion content sources, both mainstream and avant garde, as well as fashion photographers, stylists, etc.
- Experience with contracts and maintaining vendor relationships
- Highly proficient in Windows / Mac OS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Beauty, Fashion and Entertainment industry contacts a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-18