Manager, Global Communications
Who we are
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As part of PayPal’s Corporate Affairs organization, the Global Technology and Sales Communications team is responsible for developing and executing strategic communications programs that showcase the company’s impact and thought leadership, as well as engage key stakeholders to grow PayPal’s reputation globally. This role will report to the Senior Director of Global Technology and Sales Communications and will partner across the Corporate Affairs function to support the execution of holistic external communications programs for the Technology and Sales organizations and their senior leaders.Job Description:
The successful candidate will leverage strong media relations expertise and written/verbal communication skills, as well as strategy development and project management capabilities, to further the proactive thought leadership and communications strategies for the Technology and Sales organizations. This individual will have the opportunity to develop new strategies that further position PayPal as a market leader in key areas via proactive media pitching and byline creation; supporting external executive engagements; evolving our key core narratives/messaging; managing technology partner communications and creating new communications programs focused on cybersecurity, cloud and innovation. This role will also collaborate across the full breadth of the Corporate Affairs team to support cross-functional initiatives and ensure that this program is both integrated with and helps to advance our various global communications priorities and reputation goals.
Responsibilities to Include
- Support the external communications needs of the Technology and Sales organizations and their senior leaders.
- Research new external opportunities (inbound requests and proactive outreach), and continually build/maintain relationships with key contacts.
- Assist in the ongoing development of leadership communications plans (by executive and aligned to key business objectives) and track/support progress toward successful execution. Continually apply key learnings and update/refresh as necessary, as well as maintain continuity across other team strategies/plans.
- Develop wide-range of communications materials (often on quick turn-around) including briefing materials and messaging, thought leadership and social media content, and strategic recommendations and recaps, in an ongoing manner
- Consistently collaborate across other key Corporate Affairs teams to ensure strategic integration and consistency
- Serve as knowledge hub for extended team by centralizing templates, best practices and key materials, and ensuring key collaborators across the organization (particularly globally) can leverage for their needs
- Help develop and institute new approaches to measure/analyze the impact of our work toward key business and corporate reputation goals
- Prepare and support executive leaders and partner with outside agencies as necessary
- Minimum of seven years of experience in communications, with exceptional communications strategy, content development and storytelling skills
- Previous communications experience in technology-related subject matters including fintech, payments, cybersecurity, cloud preferred
- Previous experience working across other communications channels/disciplines (e.g., media relations, speech writing, digital/social media, etc.) – agency experience recommended, but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of landscape and trends in technology/fintech communications and employee engagement spaces, as well as key relationships of relevance in our space
- Ability to interpret complex technology innovations and translate into bold, compelling and distinctive content appropriate to the audience and channel (media, digital, social, keynotes, video and more).
- Self-starter who can identify and orchestrate external engagement opportunities, including speaking engagements, social media opportunities and digital platforms
- Strong organizational skills – ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with a strong attention to detail
- Highly collaborative – builds strong relationships internally and externally with positive/can-do attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset – thinks creatively and outside the box, brings outside-in thinking to every project, and always figures out a way to get things done
- Global orientation – experience in working for a global company preferred
- Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones
- Connection to PayPal’s brand and commitment to PayPal’s mission, vision and values
- Bachelor’s degree required
Austin, Texas, United States of AmericaAdditional Locations:
Chicago – Merchandise Mart Plaza
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-10-10