Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager of Global Public Policy & Strategic Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements – check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we’re excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It’s set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
The Manager of Global Public Policy & Strategic Engagement is responsible for supporting the engagement of external stakeholders by managing incoming requests, staying apprised of issues involving external partners, implementing engagement projects, and forming relationships with external stakeholders in the Climate, Animal Health & Welfare and Food & Nutrition policy areas.
- Act as a public policy SME by gathering and monitoring external public trend information; analyze and predict public policy externally, providing insights and reports back to business subject matter experts; draft and maintain policy products
- Coordinate with internal subject matter experts to support development of policy; serve as a process coordinator to facilitate decision-making conversations on both internal policy development and public positioning on policy
- Advise members of government relations teams how external public policy may impact McDonald’s in a given subject area; also advise GR teams on public policy that may be needed or beneficial to the company
- Brief business partners on public policy trends and implications with regards to Sustainability, Climate, Animal Health & Welfare and Food & Nutrition
- Form relationships with external non-governmental stakeholders as directed to maintain and improve McDonald’s brand image
- Manage and respond to incoming requests from non-governmental partners efficiently and effectively
- Liaison between subject matter authorities across the business and external partners on a wide variety of people-related topics
- Support implementation of projects as directed, including writing communications, coordinating logistics of an event, creating materials, interfacing with stakeholder organizations to develop programs
Knowledge & Skills:
- Professional communicator, experience with stakeholder engagement activities
- Relationship building skills internally and externally, strong ambassador outside of the company
- Prior experience working for a corporation, NGO or government agency on the issues of Sustainability, Climate, Animal Health, and Food & Nutrition
- Demonstrated leadership role, within industry working groups, establishing a strong stakeholder network
- A global mind-set and positive, collaborative
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08