Manager, Global Satellite Government Affairs
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, GLOBAL SATELLITE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband to the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service.
- Direct global regulatory practice to secure necessary licenses, market access, regulatory compliance, and customer support for all SpaceX spacecraft, earth stations, and services for the Starlink program
- Develop and administer regulatory licensing application preparation, pursuit, and compliance requirements for global system and service licensing
- Develop and maintain internal databases to ensure on-going compliance with national policies and market access conditions, particularly with respect to use of radio frequency spectrum.60
- Advocate to optimize prospective satellite and telecoms regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with SpaceX business objectives
- Represent and promote the company positions before national administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations
- Contribute to company satellite spectrum policy and outreach activities with US and foreign administrations
- Represent SpaceX at various ITU sponsored spectrum and policy related meetings including work/study groups at a regional and a global level
- Provide strategic regulatory advice and advocacy support to business development efforts, which may include:
- Opportunities for regional/national partnerships
- Global satellite expansion plans in support of the business strategy for new satellite market requirements and new service offerings initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the telecommunications sector
- Experience securing regulatory support or licensing agreements
- Lobbying experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Economics, or another relevant field
- Juris Doctor degree
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies
- Thorough knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology
- Experience executing market entry strategies for the satellite industry
- Experience working with distribution standards from The International Telecommunication Union and Federal Communications Commission
- Knowledge of key commercial and nation-state players in the satellite industry
- Experience attending ITU sponsored conferences
- Willingness to travel (up to 60%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-11