Manager, Global Social Media Strategy
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Manager, Global Social Media Strategy
The following position is open in New York, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
Are you equal parts strategic social media guru, creative idea generator, analytics pro and spirits industry enthusiast? Can you juggle numerous hats, from managing social/digital agencies to delivering strategic social programming, defining global channel strategies, leading community management and managing social influencer efforts? If so, this may be the role for you – we’re looking for a Manager, Social Media strategy to join the successful Social Media team at Beam Suntory, the world’s 3rd largest premium spirits company and producer of many of your favorite iconic spirits brands.
In this role you will help to define, socialize, and execute needle-moving efforts in social media for numerous brands within the Beam Suntory portfolio, which includes Jim Beam, Maker’s Mark, Suntory Whiskies, Hornitos Tequila, Courvoisier Cognac and many others, and with numerous global regions. You must possess in-depth knowledge of all social media properties, trends, best-practices and tactics, and support a “cocktail” of paid social, Word-of-Mouth programming, UGC, content development, and micro- and macro-influencer engagement.
This position sits within the Global Marketing team, supporting our Global Brand Houses and Regional Marketing teams, while collaborating closely with Public Relations, Regional Marketing, Media/Advertising, eCommerce and many other departments.
This Manager, Social Media Strategy acts as both the internal functional lead and external face of the company by representing brands’ two-way communications with consumers via email and social channels. This digital-savvy employee will be responsible for leading both long-term and short-term strategy planning; executing social content strategies; providing strategic guidance over social media campaigns; and managing all social EARNED and OWNED media engagement (in conjunction with the PAID media managed by our Media team). This social media expert will manage direct reports within the Beam Suntory Social Media team as well as our social agency partners.
Key responsibilities and measures of success include:
Executing Social Programming:
- Execute brand, PR and Commercial Marketing programming according to legally approved tactical social plans, including campaign executions, live events, influencer programs, etc.
- Integrate all efforts with PR programming when applicable
Social Strategic and Content Development:
- Be a driver of the “big idea” as we push our brands to be more social on social media
- Plan and execute social content in-line with approved brand channel strategies
- Lead content development process, including drafting and presenting content briefs for alignment, driving process timelines with agency partners, scheduling and submitting content for workflow approvals and collaborating with agency partners on planning and execution
- Follow all legal guidelines and processes for submitting content and executing social for our brands
- Put the consumer first in all you do, continually engage with consumers on a daily basis talking about our brands, both on and off our channels, proactively looking up our hashtags and brand mentions and joining the conversation when appropriate
- Respond to all assigned brands’ Consumer Care inquiries within SLA timeframes
Reporting & Analytics
- Work with cross-functional team members on measurement and brand lift study opportunities to ensure appropriate content is scheduled in line with study flight
- Continually keep a pulse on social listening to provide insights, trends and manage potential crisis situations for brand planning and ongoing input
- Utilize social listening tools and native channels for contribution into monthly and quarterly reporting
Educate the Business:
Proactively showcase the power of the social media function, and educate all internal constituents on the values associated with best-in-class digital/social programming
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-7 years of experience planning and implementing social media efforts for brands/clients, either in-house or at an agency.
- Industry wide expertise and reputation as thought leader with a proven track record of success in key social channels.
- Proficiency working with major social channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and YouTube, is a requirement.
- Experience in Spirits, Alcohol Beverage or a highly regulated category is preferred.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-23