Manager, Government Affairs
Health Industry Distributors Association
Healthcare trade association in Old Town Alexandria seeks a Government Affairs professional to manage and contribute to its growing advocacy agenda. The Manager will report to the Director of Government Affairs and will be responsible for research and analysis on key legislative priorities as well as a wide range of work that will aid the Government Affairs staff in advocacy and lobbying activities. The Manager will take a lead role in developing advocacy based tools and information that can be utilized in external meetings and presentations as well as grassroots messaging. The Manager will support HIDA at public meetings, legislative hearings and government events and functions, and will interface with various trade associations and organizations within the industry as directed by the Director of Government Affairs.
The Manager will help the Director coordinate activities both on Capitol Hill and in Washington. This position requires strong writing and project management skills and any successful candidate will be able to utilize those skills to help draft and manage legislative and regulatory summaries, infographics, and other key advocacy materials. A Bachelor’s degree is required with 3-5 years of legislative and policy experience, preferably on Capitol Hill and/or trade association. Familiarity with healthcare policy is strongly preferred as-is the ability to work well in a team environment.
Please send resume, writing samples and salary history to Recruiter@hida.org. EOE
1) Bachelor’s degree required;
2) 3 to 5 years of relevant legislative and policy experience either on Capitol Hill or in a related capacity at a trade association with a working understanding of the United States Congress, governmental agencies, and political action committees;
3) Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills;
4) High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required;
5) Demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact in a small team environment and to multi-task a number of projects at once;
6) A strong desire to learn with special consideration for candidates with strong self-initiative;
7) Strong judgment and decision-making skills, and good political insight;
Job posted: 2020-02-12