Job Responsibilities Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. We’ve made a quantum leap in satellite capacity which makes high-volume, media-enabled service by satellite economical for the first time! ViaSat is focused on providing affordable, global, high-speed broadband internet with competitive advantages on the ground, in the air, and at sea. We are global, very well-diversified with Commercial and the Government sector. We took the leap and now it’s your turn…jump on board and help us take advantage of our technology by getting us to the next level!Individuals who embrace hard work, act with urgency and collaborate without reserve thrive at ViaSat. We are looking for a candidate who can provide leadership and direction for all political and legislative processes as it affects current programs and new business opportunities. The successful candidate will produce rich, in-depth analysis on the implications of government action, with a focus on congressional activity.Key Responsibilities
- Develop Comprehensive understanding of the company culture, strategic objectives, values, business issues, problems and opportunities.
- Understand current domestic and international market expansion plans, issues, problems, and opportunities.
- Develop action plans focused on public policy activities which will enhance company competitiveness, create business opportunities and promote U.S government, procurement of ViaSat.
- Develop legislative strategy and action/contact plan consistent with ViaSat’s strategic plan and business development objectives.
- Support the pursuit and capture of new business opportunities through the legislative and political process.
- Seek opportunities to become actively involved with key industry advocacy organizations which are active participants in public policy development and management.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with key participants in the legislative process.
- Develop and communicate an understanding of ViaSat interest in the legislative process.
- Originate, produce advocacy materials to support ViaSat’s business interests.
- Represent ViaSat through effective external relations at political events.
- Establish/cultivate effective working relationships with key government staffers (Hill, Department of Defense.)
- 10+ years of experience at any level of local, state, or federal government
- Heavy emphasis on persuasive written and verbal communication
- Write briefings that will impact legislation, business and public policy
- Presentation work involves the putting together and writing of various PowerPoint presentations including marketing documents (“Pitches” or “Pitchbooks”) and word documents for advocacy issues (for example, new legislation or other policy positions). These documents are printed and bound for meetings with Hill staffers, the Executive Branch (Department of Defense, Department of State) or international government institutions.
- Incorporate perspectives of businesses materials and outside groups on legislation and identifying legislation that could affect particular industries
- Translate complex issues and breaking down jargon into plain language that is easily comprehended
- Complete market research on industry sectors historic company data from public documents, analyzing such data for advocacy purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, strongly preferred in a Business, Political Science or Finance
- U.S Government position, U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel up to 40%
Preferences Located in the heart of Washington D.C., you will be closely situated to all the culture, history and scenery that D.C. has to offer.We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, ViaSat might be a fit for you!
- ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017