Manager, Government Affairs
Naylor Association Solutions is seeking an experienced government affairs associate to join their team and to help lead client engagement through advocacy and policy at both the state and federal level. The candidate must have knowledge of the healthcare industry and experience working with patient and provider access policies. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and building relationships with key stakeholders, executing and implementing interim strategies, assisting in supporting legislation in line with client objectives, and engaging our clients’ membership to take action.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (not all-inclusive):
• Persuasively advocate client positions to legislative members, legislative staffers and client membership.
• Effectively navigate client relationships and continuously strive to understand each one and their objectives.
• Maintain a client-oriented mind set for various constituencies including the legislature, regulatory bodies and external partners.
• Lead in developing and executing interim strategy to prepare for legislative sessions.
• Proactively address issues during the interim period to ensure that legislative members are well-informed prior to both state and congressional sessions.
• Work to maintain and build relationships with client leadership, membership, external partners and policymakers.
• Track and analyze relevant legislation.
• Lead in preparing testimony for committee hearings.
• Effectively communicate with legislative members and staff on weaknesses or merits of specific bills to influence passage, defeat, or amendment.
• Work with organizations that have similar interests to client in developing a consensus response to legislators and/or officeholders on issues of importance.
• Lead development and execution of legislative activities, strategies, and policies as approved by the client.
• Prepare well-written reports and position papers that accurately state client position on proposed legislation/priorities.
• Coordinate regular updates to the client leadership and membership on legislative activities relevant to client priorities.
• Manage social media pages for client.
• Chair monthly committee calls.
• Prepare e-blasts and website article updates for client membership and external partners.
• Attend and represent client at state and national association meetings.
- Must have 5 years of experience monitoring, developing and coordinating legislative strategy.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in a field related to government affairs, public affairs or relations, law, business or communications.
- Knowledge of current patient access policies and healthcare landscape.
- A legal degree is a plus.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have outstanding communication, public relations, and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to establish excellent rapport with individuals on all levels.
- Must possess highly developed organizational and planning skills.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous projects.
- Must be willing to commit to long hours at times in a fast-paced environment.
- Up to 20% domestic overnight travel to state capitals, association meetings, industry meetings and other events as needed.
Job posted: 2020-07-31