Provides strategic support as it relates to public policy and government affairs initiatives. Translates guidance from the Henry Ford Health System Board and CEO into an overarching policy strategy, determining goals and objectives to inform and influence public policy at the county, state and federal levels on issue and in areas of interest to Henry Ford Health System. Represents Henry Ford Health System in proactive interactions with high level government officials, political leaders, influential organizations and other relevant thought leaders to ensure government relations and activities advance the organization¿s business and industry interests. Develops and leads strategic lobbying efforts to promote Henry Ford Health System¿s positions to legislators and regulators to build effective and conducive working relationships at the national, state and local levels of government. Engages and collaborates, as appropriate, with entities whose interests and/or functions may affect Henry Ford Health System to coordinate policy interests and efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Policy, Political Science or related field.
- Masters/Law Degree preferred.
- Must have highly effective communications skills with the ability to relate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to draft legislative language.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic lobbying efforts to influence a variety of legislative and regulatory issues. Proven experience in managing relationships with lobbyists and consultants.
- Ability to influence legislators and regulators in ambiguous circumstances.
- Prior experience with media relations and/or development of public awareness campaigns preferred.
- Prior experience with state and federal campaign finance rules and regulations preferred.
- Prior experience with state and federal political action committees rules and regulations preferred.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it’s offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it’s all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program – My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning – options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee’s classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-20