manager – Government Affairs
San Francisco, CA
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of Company. One that not only celebrated coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
As a Starbucks manager, government and community relations, you will contribute to the Company’s regional operations successes by developing region-specific strategies and programs that complement the Company’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Leveraging your previous experience, we will enable you to:
Establish and maintain relationships with community and government stakeholders to promote Starbucks’ operational objectives.
• Maintain external relationships and develop channels for dialogue with stakeholders, influencers, and organizations at the local and regional levels.
• Develop public policy strategies that support Starbucks public policy agenda, working with cross-functional teams to design positions and implement strategies that support U.S. business objectives.
• Represent Starbucks at local and regional civic meetings and events.
• Provide coaching, direction and leadership support to team members to achieve business objectives.
We’d love to hear from people with:
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, communications, or a related field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Knowledge and experience working with public officials, both appointed and elected, and non-profit and civic leaders;
• 3+ years of diversified experience in communications, public policy, or social impact, preferably in public policy or corporate environments;
• Ability to work independently and with others in a matrix environment;
• Self-starter with excellent judgment and high integrity.
Let us give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger than yourself. It’s time for you to #beapartner. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-27