Manager, Government Affairs
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. As Manager, Government Affairs, you would report directly to the VP for Regulatory and Government Affairs and have a key role in shaping and implementing Relativity Space’s advocacy strategy at the federal and state level. This role will be responsible for day-to-day engagement on Capitol Hill on a variety of issues.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Day-to-day advocacy on Capitol Hill and Executive agencies to support Relativity’s priorities and business interests.
- Contribute meaningfully to Relativity’s federal legislative and business development strategies, tactics, and policy development
- Draft legislative language, attend hearings, draft hearing testimony, and develop policy positions
- Monitor and analyze federal budgets, legislative proposals, and appropriations
- Support and attend industry-related social and political events
- Prepare and deliver presentations in small and large settings
- Perform research, write talking points and policy papers
An ideal candidate for this role will have
- Demonstrated success in planning and implementing a political advocacy effort.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the federal budget and appropriations process.
- Independently responsible for influencing change in the legislative process.
- Experience with space policy issues and knowledge of the commercial space sector.
- Ability to work independently to pursue short and long-term goals.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build coalitions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ professional experience working on legislative matters in the private sector, a Congressional office, an Executive Agency, and/or the Intelligence Community;
- Must be able to travel occasionally—up to 25%
- Must be willing to attend and represent Relativity at political and industry events.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication background
- Ability to be scrappy and creative in a fast-paced work environment
- State legislative experience in Florida and California
- Knowledge of US federal contracting and acquisition practices
- Advanced degree (MA, JD, PhD) in Science, Policy or Political Science
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21