Manager, Government Affairs
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improve business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
As a Manager, Government Affairs, you will focus on Invenergy’s Western region government affairs activities, primarily in the legislative and executive branch. This position will support the overall Government Affairs initiatives and report to the Director of Government Affairs in the West covering 14 States. You will work collaboratively with members of all departments within the company. In addition, this position requires an ability to work constructively with trade organization leadership and staff, lobbyists, and peer companies. This position involves budgeting, preparing strategy documents, and weekly reporting in CRM.
- Develop action plans for each state where we have development or existing projects
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with key state government leaders including legislators, legislative staff, the executive branch, and state agencies
- Develop budgets, reports, and proposals for achieving key outcomes
- Coordinate with lobbyists to assist in achieving company objectives
- Draft and provide testimony as needed on legislation
- Identify, develop, and pass legislation to promote company objectives
- Identify potential legislative threats to the company, management, and cross-functional teams
- Provide policy analysis and overviews to impacted departments
- 3-5 years electric industry related experience (utility, trade org, ISO, agency, etc.)
- Must have a fundamental understanding of the bulk electric power system, including basic market operations of WECC, CAISO, SPP and ERCOT
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in public speaking roles
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Aptitude for learning management systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Oracle ERP
- Proven leadership track record
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and re-prioritize assignments as needed
- Proactive and motivated to delivery key business objectives
- Ability to work both independently and within a team context
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
- Ability to travel with little advance warning
- Ability to travel 75% of the time during legislative time periods and 50% of the time during non-legislative time periods or as needed
We foster an entrepreneurial culture driven by teamwork and collaboration. In fields spanning engineering, development, finance, legal, government affairs, communications and information technology, we are led by an experienced leadership team that has worked together in the clean energy industry for more than 25 years. At Invenergy, you will work in a dynamic environment in which you can utilize and develop your technical expertise to solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-11