Manager, Government Affairs
Fortune 100 Information Technology company seeking a dependable and solutions-driven Manager of Government Affairs to support procurement, political compliance, and administrative duties in a collegial, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Government Affairs the Manager will collaborate with an internal and external network of colleagues to successfully execute duties and support the success of the organization.
The Manager will facilitate supplier set-up and validation processes; liaise between suppliers and internal procurement and legal personnel to execute or renew engagement letters, contracts, memberships, and sponsorships; create purchase requisitions; submit and track invoices; reply to procurement inquiries and provide supporting documentation; collate and synthesize reportable lobbying data; facilitate LD-2 and LD-203 reports and filings; process and track corporate contributions; other duties as assigned. Additionally, the Manager will provide administrative support to Corporate Affairs personnel, including facilitating scheduling requests, travel arrangements, and expense reporting.
- Responsible and motivated self-starter who is passionate about his or her work
- Works independently and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize with meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and proactive communicator; anticipates problems before they arise and keeps stakeholders updated and actively reports progress / challenges
- Innovative in solving problems, overcoming challenges, meeting deadlines, and achieving goals
- Forward thinking, adaptive, resilient, flexible team player with “can do” attitude
- Committed to acting at all times with the highest integrity, including strict adherence to applicable laws and company values, which go beyond legal compliance
- BA / BS or equivalent degree and 1+ years of demonstrated success in an administrative, procurement, or political compliance role
- Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in information technology
Acts as an internal and external resource on international trade specifications, regulations, and legislation; that affect how, where, and to whom we conduct business.
Designs plans for government outreach by providing analysis of emerging or existing legislative public policy issues impacting the company. Gathers intelligence and assists in the preparation of position papers, policy briefings, presentations, and legislative testimony for pending legislative actions. Coordinates actions through strategic partners in government and industry communicating corporate positions and objectives. Projects may include implementation of public policy activities, government and industry lobbying efforts, advocating government funding initiatives and identifying new opportunities favorably advancing the company’s influence with the government.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible government representatives desired. 2 plus years relevant work experience.
Job posted: 2021-07-07