Manager, Government Affairs
Manager, Government Affairs
Hyundai Motor Company Washington Office
Hyundai Motor Company seeks to hire a Manager, Government Affairs in its Washington, D.C. office. This individual will play an integral role in advancing the company’s legislative and regulatory agenda at the federal level as well as in State Capitols. In particular, the selected individual will provide policy leadership on autonomous and connected vehicles, advanced technologies, alternative powertrains, energy and environment.
This is a mid-level position. Candidates will bring 3-5 years of relevant experience and qualifications. The Manager will work collaboratively with relevant business, public relations, and legal teams to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Government Affairs and work closely with other public policy team members. Occasional travel will be required.
• Provide input into the development of company positions and advance Hyundai’s legislative and regulatory interests at the federal and state level on autonomous and connected vehicles, advanced technologies, alternative powertrains, energy and environment.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with federal and state legislators and their staff, Administration officials, agencies and other external entities.
• Write position papers, discussion guides, memos, reports and other materials.
• Establish rapport with industry stakeholders and trade organizations to ensure proper representation of Hyundai’s policy interests.
• Follow and report on regulatory oversight hearings and related federal and state legislation.
• Track, analyze and report on agency requests, advanced notices and new proposals including but not limited to rulemakings.
• Establish and maintain regular communications with company and affiliate leaders.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
• Three to five years of experience in public policy, legislative affairs, lobbying and government affairs.
• A background on policy issues of significance to the auto industry, including but not limited to transportation, technology, energy and environment
• Federal and/or state legislative and regulatory experience preferred.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Results-oriented self-starter with ability to distill complex issues into concise talking points, position papers and slides.
• Team player who can work independently as well as cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, company headquarters, trade associations and others.
• Ability to establish and maintain credibility with external partners as well as internal stakeholders at all levels of the company.
• Operate with a high degree of professionalism, collaboration, discretion and judgment.
• Well-organized; strong attention to detail.
• Ability to handle sensitive material in a tactful and confidential manner.
How to Apply: Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@hyundai-dc.com.
Posting End Date: This posting will remain open until position is filled.
Job posted: 2019-03-25