Manager, Government Affairs
Fragrance Creators Association seeks a Manager, Government Affairs to join our modern-thinking, forward-leaning team of professionals. This position supports the association’s government affairs efforts and reports directly to the Director, Government Affairs & Legal. Beyond the specifics listed below, we are looking for a true team player with a positive, “get it done” attitude, who possess incredible smarts and interpersonal skills. Our team is highly organized, fast-moving, and we support one another. We believe in our mission—to protect and promote fragrance’s ability to enhance lives. We listen to understand all perspectives, we drive consensus, and we find purpose in advocating for policies that are good for people, perfume, and the planet.
- Monitor, review, and analyze legislative and regulatory developments and other publications for relevancy and impact on the fragrance industry and communicate same to members
- Serve as a contact for relevant association committees
- Assist members via telephone and written communications
- Attend on Fragrance Creators’ behalf and report on meetings with legislators and staff, government agencies, stakeholders, and industry coalitions, and draft and develop meeting materials regarding same
- Develop summaries and other tools to aid members with compliance to local, state, and federal policy and regulatory matters
- Assist with the planning and organizing of Fragrance Creators’ Lobby Day and advocacy events
- Assist in the development of regulatory and legislative content for the Fragrance Creators’ website, newsletter, and various printed/digital materials
- Travel to association events and member locations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree. Must have capability to learn and advocate on behalf of technical industries
- 3+ years related experience, e.g., in an association, lobbying firm, or corporate government relations office. Capitol Hill and/or State Legislative experience valued
- Understanding of U.S. regulatory system, familiarity with EPA and/or FDA valued, as is health and safety policy experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize duties
- Dedication to member needs. Customer service experience valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Comfortable working in small staff environment and being hands-on
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT FRAGRANCE CREATORS
Fragrance Creators Association is the principal trade association representing the U.S. fragrance industry. The organization’s member companies create and manufacture fragrances and scents for home care, personal care, home design, fine fragrance, and industrial and institutional products. Fragrance Creators also represents companies that market finished products containing fragrance as well as those that supply fragrance ingredients, including natural extracts and other raw materials that are used in perfumery and fragrance mixtures. The association produces Fragrance Notes, the quarterly publication of record for the fragrance industry, available in print and online at fragrancenotes.org. Learn more about Fragrance Creators at fragrancecreators.org.
Job posted: 2019-04-09