Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Affairs
Reports to: Executive Vice President and Managing Director, Head of Global Government Affairs
Position Summary: The Managed Funds Association, based in Washington, D.C. and New York, represents the global alternative investment industry by advocating for public policies that foster efficient, transparent, fair capital markets, and competitive tax and regulatory structures.
MFA is seeking a policy and PAC professional with experience on Capitol Hill, in political fundraising, or in an industry government relations role. The team member will collaborate with government affairs and regulatory professionals, together as part of MFA’s policy team, to help effectively represent private fund managers on policy and political matters.
The ideal candidate has substantive experience working on financial services policy, is well-versed in the legislative process, and is detail-oriented. In this role, a successful candidate will work closely with others on the Government Affairs team on developing and implementing MFA policy, lobbying, and PAC strategy. This position will track and analyze legislation, and assist with the preparation of written content, including executive summaries of policy developments and Board materials. The position will manage day-to-day administration of the MFA PAC.
- Manages various Government Affairs projects and workstreams.
- Tracks, analyzes, and summarizes Congressional, Administration, and Agency activities, including hearings, floor action, relevant press briefings, and announcements impacting the financial services industry.
- Authors and edits written policy updates for members.
- Manages the MFA PAC budget, partnering with the MFA Finance Department on MFA PAC distributions.
- Coordinates MFA-hosted PAC events and manages relationships with political fundraisers.
- Actively participates in MFA lobbying activities in coordination with others on the Government Affairs team including Congressional staff outreach and engagements, as well as Congressional advocacy days.
- Maintains policy issue briefs and other educational collateral used for advocacy and engagement.
- Develops agendas for standing calls with external consultants and members.
- Assists in the recruitment and management of interns for the GR team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of Capitol Hill, lobbying, trade association, or related experience.
- Must have substantive knowledge of policymaking process, and familiarity with financial services policy matters.
- Possesses a network of relationships with policymakers, staff, and political fundraisers.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with project management tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
- Ability to excel under pressure and maintain an acute attention to detail.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-25