Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager Government Affairs
This position will be part of the government affairs team and be responsible for engaging with colleagues at company headquarters in North Carolina and in Washington, DC, to analyze the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals of potential relevance to the business and key stakeholders and assess policy advocacy and engagement priorities. This position will represent the company with relevant stakeholders at all levels of U.S. government, and is based in Charlotte, NC. In particular, this position will represent the company with policy stakeholders including elected officials, regulatory agencies, trade associations, think tanks and other non-governmental organizations.
- Support the government affairs team and key internal business clients by providing policy analysis and guidance on multiple public policy issues at the local and state levels of government. Issue areas of focus will include, but are not limited to data privacy, environmental and social governance, supply chain, and technology.
- Collaborate with government affairs team to provide Lowe’s internal business clients timely information, updates, direction, and counsel on public policy initiatives that may have an impact on the company’s business operations and strategy.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of legislation, emerging issues, and industry trends, ensuring government affairs colleagues and relevant stakeholders throughout the company are informed with analyses of the significance, relevance, and business impact of these developments in a timely manner.
- Assess, develop, and execute strategic engagement plans on public policy and business initiatives.
- Represent the company at industry trade association meetings and conferences, and other external functions.
- Team player in collaborating, supporting, and implementing relevant initiatives to advance company’s agenda.
- Ability to self-assess and prioritize competing interests and asks
- Ability to think outside of the box and bring to the table unique ideas with new perspectives.
- Political savvy, keep up to date on current events within state and local governments
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Government, or related field
- 5 years of experience working in a state legislature, governor’s office, large city/county office, and/or previous experience in government relations, public affairs, or lobbying at Fortune 200 company or trade association
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, analytical skills, and presentation skills
- Exceptional judgment and ability to function and multi-task under pressure
- Ability to analyze and interpret legislation
- Knowledge of public policy and familiarity with federal and/or state legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to engage with and lead cross-functional working groups on key policy and/or business priorities
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and other technology platforms such as DDC and/or Quorum
- State and local level government affairs experience, with an emphasis on community engagement
- Government affairs experience in the retail industry
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-18