Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
This position will support the advancement of Atlas Air’s business priorities on policy issues before the U.S. Congress, the executive branch, as well as state and local levels of government. The successful candidate will develop and execute strategies to build new, and leverage existing relationships on behalf of Atlas Air to increase brand awareness and advance strategic goals. The position will report to the Vice President, Government Relations and Public Policy, in Atlas Air’s Washington, DC office.
Atlas Air’s advocacy team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the company, we seek to identify key policy issues, and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the aviation industry, our issue areas are broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and aviation intersect.
Values and Behavioral Standards:
To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company, “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Manage various initiatives/issue sets supporting our advocacy work, our PAC activities, and our political compliance.
- Develop, implement and direct lobbying activities in support of Atlas Air’s legislative and policy priorities.
- Daily responsibility for legislative outreach and strategy development to influence policy decisions across
- Monitor, research, and stay informed of current and relevant emerging public policy issues across government and the aviation industry.
- Work cross-functionally to anticipate, develop, and execute policy strategies that benefit Atlas’ business and
- Draft internal briefing papers and create written materials advocating our policy positions that tell our story to policymakers, regulators, and other important policy
- Lead political action committee communications, including drafting a biweekly update of policy developments
- Engage with key trade associations including the U.S. Chamber, Airlines for America, and the Cargo Airline
- Facilitate LD-2 and LD-203 reports and filings.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- 5 – 10 years of experience working within government, private sector, or relevant industry associations. Aviation/transportation experience is preferred.
- Professional poise and maturity when interacting with internal and external colleagues at every level.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications
- Advanced ability to research and analyze complex policy
- Superior time-management skills with respect to setting priorities and managing multiple workflows against tight deadlines
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-17