Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Google Cloud Data Initiatives
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups or relevant industry associations.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the surrounding policy environments.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
About The Job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role, you will help shape Google Cloud’s public policy efforts relating to data localization, portability, privacy and other data-related policy issues. You will coordinate with the global Policy team, business and product organizations, and cross-functional partners in Marketing, Legal, and PR to execute our policy strategy, develop our external narrative around policy challenges, and advise Product teams through the public policy lens. You’ll develop, organize, manage, and communicate critical plans, initiatives, and strategy, while tracking various regulatory proposals and analyzing their potential impact on Google’s business.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Provide guidance, collateral, and other support to global government affairs teams to in the areas of cloud data regionalization, portability, and privacy.
- Work collaboratively across Google Cloud and beyond to develop public policy positions relating to data regionalization, portability, and privacy that align with Google Cloud’s business.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-20