Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
The Team:The Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy will join a team of advocates who represent S&P Global by leading engagement activities before legislators and regulators related to U.S. federal policy matters impacting the company. This role will work as part of a Global Government Affairs team of advocates who specialize in government affairs, public policy, and state engagement. The role will serve as a Manager for Global Government Affairs and Public Policy, and be responsible for the operation and growth of the S&P Global Political Action Committee (PAC), charitable events planning, sponsorships and marketing.
The Impact:This Manager is responsible for all PAC activities, as well as outreach associated with S&P Global’s advocacy priorities in Washington, DC including managing relationships with issue coalitions, third party stakeholders and industry peers. This person will collaborate with other Government Affairs and Public Affairs team members to support high profile strategies, events, senior leadership and executive meetings, and internal expert briefings in Washington, DC, as well as in our footprint states.
What’s in it for you:This role will have regular interaction with senior executives across SPGI as well as the executive leadership at the corporate level. You will be asked to monitor ongoing developments in the public policy community that could have a negative impact on the businesses, as well as identify opportunities for the businesses presented by different government actions. This individual will be asked to design and implement a PAC growth strategy and manage charitable events planning, and sponsorship.
- Develop and implement North American outreach efforts and campaigns across SPGI at the Corporate level as well as across all business divisions to advance SPGI advocacy priorities.
- Develop and implement key legislative and regulatory outreach strategies under the guidance of the Head of Global Affairs and Public Policy.
- Maintain regular communication with legislative, governmental, association and third party voices as well as internal business division stakeholders.
- Represent SPGI’s interests in trade association and issue coalition meetings to achieve the objectives of SPGI.
- Work with other third party and other key influencer groups to build consensus and build third party validator voices.
- Manage SPGI Political Action Committee (PAC) activities including promoting PAC activities internally and serving as a de facto PAC Ambassador.
- Identify PAC opportunities for building/growing relationships with policymakers, including our work to partner with Employee Resources Groups (ERGs) and identify opportunities to bring policymakers on site visits in our offices in the US.
- 3 plus years of experience working on Capitol Hill, Political Action Committee, a trade association, or a corporation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage a PAC.
- Must demonstrate strong team and coalition building skills in prior roles.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple different projects at the same time.
- Strong writing/communicating skills preferred. Experience writing legislative text and testimony is a plus.
- Familiarity with PAC management systems and metrics.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-06