Manager of Government and Regulatory Affairs
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
This position will have overall responsibility to lead Frontier’s state government and regulatory affairs in West Virginia. It will involve extensive interaction and advocacy with public officials, including state and federal legislators, state agency representatives and the West Virginia Public Service Commission.
Develop and maintain an on-going, positive relationship with legislators, regulators and other government officials. · Favorably represent Frontier and effectively advocate its positions with key stakeholders and others in the industry. ·
- Monitor and interpret regulatory orders and legislation to identify compliance requirements, business opportunities, and threats. ·
- Communicate legislative and regulatory opportunities and threats internally to impacted management and impacted groups within the organization, coordinate development of a necessary advocacy strategy, and execute advocacy strategy effectively to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate threats. ·
- Develop and oversee procedures designed to maintain an on-going awareness of and compliance with all state rules, laws and agency orders applicable to telecommunications carriers and effectively guide Frontier through legal and regulatory obstacles to its product and financial goals. ·
- Provide guidance to Frontier leadership on issues involving state regulatory and government matters.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Finance, Economics or Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy
- Graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably with government relations
- Ability to work independently and successfully address multiple priorities,
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel,
- Strong management, written and verbal communication and presentation skills,
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, ability to understand complex legal and regulatory documents, and
- Ability to develop positive relationships within the industry and with Frontier’s business partners.
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Job Posted: August 15, 2017