Manager Government & Regulatory Affairs (97241)
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
American Water is purpose-driven, people-powered, customer-obsessed and the trusted source of everything water.
Our Government Affairs teams work with their communities and legislators to build positive working relationships, offering business solutions that have an impact on the environment and people’s lives. If you’re interested in working as a member of a fast-paced team in a meaningful, visible capacity, then join our vision today! Apply now for immediate consideration.
Improve business climate for the Company through positive interactions with legislators and regulators and external opinion formers. Influence at state level to promote initiatives that support Company and other stakeholder goals and objectives.
- Understand and articulate in a compelling way the Company position on key legislative issues. (10%)
- Shape and influence legislative programs and other critical business issues in alignment with Company goals and objectives. (10%)
- Establish constructive relationships with elected and appointed officials on a federal, state and local level and invest considerable time and energy in prioritized networking activity. (10%)
- Prepare briefing documents that can be cascaded to key stakeholders (employees, public officials, etc.) to communicate pertinent issues (legislative, Company investment projects, business change, etc.) (10%)
- Apprise senior management relative to pertinent legislative issues and other external facts which impact on the business. (10%)
- Work cooperatively with affiliated industry, trade or consumer groups to accomplish company goals and benefit our stakeholders. (10%)
- Track and monitor legislative bills and trends which will have an impact on our current business. Support our business development projects as required and provide potential new business leads to developers. Build knowledge and skills (external communication and influence) with the Senior Management team to build their capabilities. Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (40%)
- Knowledge of water industry issues and trends.
- Good knowledge of local and state legislative and political functioning.
- Broad business knowledge (operational, financial, regulatory).
B.S. Degree, preferably in Communications, Political Science, Business Administration.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-19