Manager, Government and Regulatory Affairs
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs will represent Invenergy within the MISO and SPP stakeholder processes, state economic regulatory bodies within the MISO and SPP footprint, and related regional trade associations on behalf of Invenergy’s existing generating assets as well as its pipeline of development projects. This individual will be responsible for the development, advocacy, implementation and monitoring of market and administrative rules as they apply to the construction, interconnection, and operation of generation projects. This individual will also be responsible for obtaining regulatory approvals for Invenergy led initiatives and commercial transactions.
- Collaborate with the other Gov & Reg Affairs team members in other regions.
- Manage other Gov & Reg Affairs staff members.
- Manage external counsel, lobbyists and consultants.
- Build personal relationships with external stakeholders including those with leadership positions within state regulatory agencies, MISO, SPP and regional trade organizations, etc.
- Build personal relationships with Invenergy personnel in business development, asset management, legal, transmission and origination functions.
- Develop, advocate and implement policy changes that will further the competitive position of the company.
- Form and lead coalitions of peer companies on issue-focused topics, such as interconnection and price formation.
- Participate in relevant MISO, SPP and state regulatory meetings and hearings.
- Provide regular updates to business development, origination and asset management.
- Help develop and implement Invenergy’s overall regulatory advocacy strategies.
- Preferably a BS in Business, Economics, Finance, or Engineering or commensurate job experience. MBA or law degree preferred.
- Knowledge of organized power markets. Knowledge of MISO and SPP highly preferred.
- Knowledge of FERC and NERC standards related to transmission and interconnections, including Open Access Transmission Tariff (OATT).
- Base knowledge of electricity market and auction rules (day ahead, real time, capacity, ancillary services, etc.).
- Strong ability to learn and utilize enterprise software systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive travel required.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15