Manager, Government Relations
What Government Relations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Government Relations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Government Relations function.
The Manager, Government Relations will:
- Work with Government Relations, Regulatory, Legal, and business units to monitor and evaluate proposed state legislation and regulations, while identifying public policy issues, assessing the impact on Cardinal Health and our stakeholders, and developing recommendations and/or recommended solutions.
- For assigned states, the Manager, Government Relations will act as the primary company liaison. Develop and maintain relationships with Members of the legislature and regulators
- Prepares letters, testimony, and memos in collaboration with other company representatives, trade associations and stakeholders to achieve acceptable language.
- Plan and organize meetings with state legislators, regulators, key stakeholders, and others.
- Manage contract lobbyists and trade association memberships in order to advance legislation favorable to corporate strategic initiatives. Collaborates with other stakeholders to advance these positions.
- Participate in internal senior-level long-range planning and policy discussions to ensure broad understanding of the strategic drivers of the company’s engagement on policy issues.
- Prepare substantive written materials for the meetings and follow-up action items.
- Regularly present to business units and executive leadership regarding policy trends that may impact Cardinal Health.
This position can be located in either Dublin, Ohio or Washington, D.C.
This position will require up to 40% travel to assigned states.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of hands-on experience including significant experience in policy analysis and the legislative/regulatory process.
- State legislature or Capitol Hill experience preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
Projects may have significant and long-term impact
Provides solutions which may set precedent
Independently determines method for completion of new projects
Receives guidance on overall project objectives
Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-09