Manager, Government Relations
The Manager of Government Relations is responsible for healthcare and regulatory issues before Congress. Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining contacts with Congressional offices/committees, communicating the organization’s positions through lobbying efforts, influencing policy outcomes for the benefit of the NFIB membership, and leading/participating in coalitions of business organizations to promote NFIB’s positions within these coalitions. Conducts background research and analysis on legislation and legislative issues for the purpose of making policy recommendations and developing legislative initiatives. Monitors and reports on national political climate and specific political races and makes recommendations for NFIB Federal PAC distributions. Communicates NFIB’s position to the news media and general public.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and/or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to function as an integral part of a cohesive team in a fast moving, issues-oriented environment. Must adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures. Performs other projects as needed.
- A minimum five (5) years of federal legislative experience, to include a detailed knowledge of the legislative process attained by working in or with the House and/or Senate.
- An understanding of agency roles and regulatory processes.
- Network of contacts consistent with level of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational capabilities.
- Service orientation, superior integrity, and an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and membership.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-14