Manager, Government Relations
Reporting to the Director, Government Relations the Manager, Government Relations has responsibility for managing DeVry’s state and local government affairs engagement. This position works closely with the Director, Government Relations and other leaders throughout the organization to develop and implement a proactive state and local government relations strategy to support DeVry’s mission and public policy priorities. This position works closely with DeVry’s Communications, Regulatory Affairs, Licensing & Accreditation and Community Relations functions to advance overall external relations strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement DeVry’s state and local government relations strategy, including engagement with state and local government officials, government agencies, and other third-party organizations.
- Track and analyze legislation or policy proposals relevant to DeVry. Share proposed and final legislation or regulation with impacted operational or compliance department for impact analysis, early awareness, and implementation.
- Coordinate implementation of government relations strategy in key states and jurisdictions, and manage relationships with contract lobbyists.
- Represent DeVry in meetings with legislators, government officials and third-party stakeholders to advocate DeVry’s policy positions.
- Conduct research, monitor policy proposals, and help develop tools to communicate policies and trends to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop collateral, supporting documentation, briefs, narratives, and data-driven analyses to support DeVry’s public policy positions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and local lobbying and campaign finance reporting guidelines and requirements.
- Effectively communicate with business leadership regarding ongoing legislative efforts, upcoming events, status of priorities, and other information which affects the organization’s goals.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in public administration, public policy, communications, political science, or a related field.
- A minimum of five year work experience with a minimum of four years related experience in government, government relations, or higher education public policy.
- Background in legislative research and grassroots advocacy.
- Understanding of political process and political advocacy techniques.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to a variety of audiences, including senior leaders, accomplished verbal, presentation and writing skills.
- Advanced ability to research and analyze policy and communicate findings in a variety of formats to a number of audiences.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and as a team or coalition leader.
DeVry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the success of our community. We are committed to fostering a working environment where differences are respected, valued and embraced.
Click to apply: https://https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frecruiting2.ultipro.com%2FDEV1008DEUNI%2FJobBoard%2Fc05627db-856b-4f77-8a92-448456fc3391%2FOpportunityDetail%3FopportunityId%3D8db87ffc-2249-47a6-8876-5e5ebc1c1487&data=04%7C01%7Cmarcus.sanmarino%40devry.edu%7C5fc3057e9b0d4265b63108d87aa8aa7f%7Cf979c99c51ab4ff686e035fd2874788f%7C0%7C0%7C637394212143892385%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Pge79rbtmUyo0fweN5%2BU80zinOeuOzg5GR2cLoEDbXo%3D&reserved=0recruiting2.ultipro.com/DEV1008DEUNI/JobBoard/c05627db-856b-4f77-8a92-448456fc3391/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8db87ffc-2249-47a6-8876-5e5ebc1c1487
Job posted: 2020-10-27