Manager of Government Relations
At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 400 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
Your Challenge: The Manager of Government Relations is a key member of the Government Relations (GR) team, representing the interest of HIMSS and meeting the needs of its members. The Manger will ensure consistent visibility of HIMSS by building relationships across all levels of government, including, United States Congress and federal agencies, and developing strategic partnerships with key industry stakeholders around health information and technology policy. The Manager, in coordination with the Senior Manager and Director, will be responsible for advancing legislative and regulatory priorities, and represent HIMSS on Capitol Hill, including at meetings with Members of Congress and staff. The manager will be responsible for facilitating all aspects of relationship management and engagement for a broad portfolio of Congressional offices and committees, U.S. federal agencies, and state governments (where applicable). The Manager will also assist others on the Government Relations team in building and growing health information and technology policy related relationships outside of the United States.
The things that you will tackle:
- Support HIMSS Capitol Hill engagement by tracking assigned House and Senate office and committee activities (hearings, mark-ups, white papers, etc.) and legislative developments related to assigned health information and technology issue areas. Develop summaries for internal and external audiences (health information and technology policy update articles) and identify follow-up opportunities.
- In coordination with Senior Manager of Government Relations, identify strategic opportunities to engage with Congressional staff and federal agency staff on HIMSS public policy priorities corresponding to assigned Committees utilizing HIMSS resources and subject matter experts. Manage all aspects of Capitol Hill office contact including meeting request, materials and follow-up.
- Work with Sr. Manager and Strategic Operations to identify and facilitate in-district/state site visits with Members of Congress and their staff. Manage day-to-day requirements including communications with site visit contacts and development of prep calls and materials.
- Manage Congressional engagement and activities leading up to and during HIMSS Global Health Conference and other relevant HIMSS events throughout the year.
- Assist in the building and growing of strategic relationships outside the United States including but not limited to: governments, multi-national organizations, NGOs, and health information and technology stakeholders.
- Manage international public policy participation and activities leading up to and during HIMSS Global Health Conference and other relevant HIMSS events throughout the year.
- Ability and willingness to register as a Lobbyist in the future
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Political Science or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience; preferably working on or with Capitol Hill or relevant government relations experience.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to achieve results in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to identify and build collaborative relationships; strong personal integrity.
- Must possess an interest in public policy with a familiarity with the public policy process; initiative to research and become knowledgeable of federal initiatives.
- CAHIMS preferred
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Our talent anywhere philosophy allows employees the flexibility to work virtually on an as-needed or permanent basis.
- Competitive, comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- 401K with employer match and profit sharing.
- Be Well! Lifestyle reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs.
Are you a Changemaker?
We’ll do amazing things for healthcare.
HIMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply for the position please use this link https://external-himss.icims.com/jobs/1045/manager%2c-government-relations/job
Job posted: 2020-11-08