Manager, Government Relations
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities – improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for a Manager, Government Relations and Public Affairs that will be based in our Mountain View office.
- Serve as a key member of the government relations team to deepen Aurora’s public policy impact in the Bay Area and other regions.
- Design, implement and scale innovative state and local community engagement programs.
- Manage key public policy operations including multi-state legislative tracking, stakeholder contacts and outreach, and campus visits.
- Identify and take on ad-hoc strategic projects – everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives.
- Collaborate with business development, partnerships, and legal to support company’s goals.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working with state or local government officials, political campaigns, or trade associations.
- Basic understanding of legislative, regulatory and electoral processes.
- Prior experience designing and managing community engagement and social impact programs.
- Detail oriented self-starter with project management skills – comfortable working within fluid, dynamic and ambiguous environments.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to collaborate with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization.
- A strong team player with impeccable execution skills.
- Proficiency in Gsuite, including docs, slides, sheets
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in DARPA’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03