Manager, Government Relations
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 8 company and is one of the largest providers of healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, medical & pharmaceutical supplies, healthcare technology, community oncology and specialty care in the United States with revenues of $231 billion in 2020. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE shared principles, McKesson’s 80,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible around the globe – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
We are seeking a Manager, Government Relations to represent Network practices on the west coast.
This position will work from home with up to 60% travel.
The Manager of Government Relations will lead the western region state policy and regulatory strategy for The US Oncology Network on behalf of the Government Relations & Public Policy team. The position will be remote., working in multiple business and public policy issue areas, including responsibility for state policy initiatives and Medicaid reimbursement and regulations. This individual will act as an organization expert on state legislation, policy research, analysis and forecasting. The Manager of Government Relations will also be responsible for crafting, messaging, and executing state legislative and regulatory strategies through leadership roles with allied associations and industry trade groups. This role is also responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive plan to increase Network practice participation in the legislative process through site visits, townhall meetings, and political events. The individual will manage multiple outside consultants to accomplish the above goals.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, and forecasting Network-specific implications of state policy legislation and regulatory proposals
- Advances Network priorities through engagement with state policymakers, and regulators
- Direct management of outside consultants and lobbyists through Network contracts
- Develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with allied industry organizations to assist in achieving public policy goals; serves as a liaison between The Network and industry group
- Develops and maintains trusted advisor relationship with Network physicians and practice management
- Strengthens physician relationships with key government policymakers to ensure effective advocacy, including all necessary mobilization tactics to ensure that Network physicians are able to participate in meetings with relevant organizations and elected-officials
- Supports the federal government relations team as needed and as federal legislative priorities arise when most state legislative sessions are adjourned
- 4 year degree in public policy, political science, or equivalent experience
- Typically has 4+ years public affairs experience
- Thorough knowledge of political, legislative, regulatory, and related public affairs processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional experience working in a state legislature on health policy or in a health policy capacity at a corporation or advocacy organization preferred
- Ability to master complex issues and simplify them to educate and persuade policymakers
- Strong organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple issues simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-06