Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Relations
If you have Government Affairs experience in Washington, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Washington, D.C. location, you will support Emerson’s public policy interests in Washington, DC and manage Emerson’s Employee PAC. Responsibilities include working with Emerson leadership, trade associations, Congress and the Administration on domestic policy; and all aspects of PAC management including solicitations, compliance oversight, and supporting PAC Board decision-making process. We look forward to seeing your application!
AS MANAGER, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS, YOU WILL:
- Coordinate and connect with corporate and division personnel on public policy issues impacting them
- Research and prepare talking points and presentation for key issues
- Participate in meetings/committees of major trade associations to represent Emerson
- Develop member and staff level contacts in Congress and the Administration
- Participate in advocacy meetings with policymakers
- Plan and implement PAC fundraising campaign
- Support Emerson’s Employee PAC Board in their oversight and budget responsibilities
- Work with office coordinator and PAC compliance vendor on FEC reporting and vital PAC record-keeping
WHO YOU ARE:
You display a can-do demeanor in good and bad times. You partner with others to get work done. You build constructive relationships with people both similar and different to yourself. You optimally communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You steer through the organizational maze to get things done.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree with focus in public policy preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of previous Washington experience including staff positions on Capitol Hill, the Administration, corporate government affairs office, and/or trade association positions with growing levels of responsibility, understanding of legislative process and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, strong public speaking and writing skills
Sitting, walking, talking in person and by phone or video, travel by car, plane, train (domestic and international), extensive use of computer equipment. The physical demands described here and above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions of the position.
Job posted: 2021-12-19