Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Manager, Government Relations
Manager, Government Relations
The Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates has an exciting opportunity within its Government Relations department to work on legislative and regulatory issues impacting SOCMA members to advance the specialty and fine chemical industry.
You’ll work with SOCMA committees and staff to develop materials for lobbying efforts as well as informative materials for SOCMA members including blog posts, one-pagers, guidance documents and articles. As a member facing position, we’re looking for a person that is comfortable interacting with member companies to research and provide one-off member assistance.
Focus Areas: Environmental, Health, and Safety and Security (EHS&S), Regulatory Compliance, International Policy
- Analyze regulations and legislation and developing support material
- Work with federal agencies on the evolution of existing programs and rulemakings (specifically, working with EPA)
- Support task forces and committees of SOCMA members
- Draft white papers, comments, one-pagers, member alerts etc.
- Cross collaborate with internal departments
- Support members on regulatory compliance issues
- Represent SOCMA in coalitions with outside organizations
- Contribute to content development for programing and events
- Help membership growth
- Contribute to development of the government relations strategic plan
- Support the development and implementation of new processes to streamline both GR and organizational efforts
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working on EPA or environmental regulatory matters
- TSCA experience a plus
- Strong communication skills (both internal and external) – written and verbal
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to work collaboratively especially in hybrid work environment
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes
- Experience with coalition work (large and small)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in government, public policy or related experience.
- Trade association experience preferred
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ experience preferably with a trade association, public affairs, government relations firm, or Congressional Office.
SOCMA’s headquarters is located in Arlington, VA. We offer a flexible work structure, with a hybrid schedule. Only candidates based in the DC Metro Area will be considered.
The salary for this position will be in the $68k – 72k range, commensurate with experience. Benefits include 12 days of vacation (2 floating holidays), observance of major federal holidays, and a holiday office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day. SOCMA contributes 3% to retirement, provides tuition reimbursement, professional development and a flexible work structure.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2022-08-29