Manager Government Relations
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and/or assist with all aspects of submitting and acquiring entitlements and agreements for installation of Crown Castle facilities on poles and other infrastructure within the public right of way and public utility easements.
- Negotiate right-of-way use agreements as needed in accordance with Crown Castle standards and parameters.
- Maintain relationships with municipalities and jurisdictions and manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals pertaining to the installation, operation and maintenance of Crown Castle facilities. Will also be called upon to interface with the City Attorney’s office and staff on matters related to municipal codes and effectively communicate regulatory status in support of our networks.
- Serve as liaison between Crown Castle’s NRE group and Operations group to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, and meet project timelines.
- Support the NRE market team on review of agreements and review of municipal code and/or zoning ordinance changes in collaboration with counsel. Provide response and input to protect Crown Castle’s regulatory rights and ability to install and operate networks in the market in collaboration with counsel.
- Provide research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting, and project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A JD or paralegal training is preferred.
- 5 years proven experience working in a utility, wireless industry, municipality, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities required.
- Experience working with design teams, preparation of permits applications and construction documents, and network construction required.
- Demonstrated responsibility for administering a group or program budget required.
- Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable.
- Experience in constructing and administering community outreach programs desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail
Reports to: Regional Director Government Relations
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Position Title: Manager Government Relations
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-27