The Manager of Government Relations (House) is responsible for following the Budget Committee, Financial Services Committee, Energy & Commerce Committee, Rules Committee, and Transportation & Infrastructure Committee portfolios in the House of Representatives. Responsibilities include establishing and maintaining contacts with House offices/committees, communicating the organization’s positions to contacts through lobbying efforts, and leading and participating in coalitions of business organizations. Conducts background research and analysis on legislation and makes policy recommendations and develops advocacy campaigns. Monitors and reports on national political climate and specific political races; researches House races for potential NFIB involvement.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
2. Five (5) years relevant experience.
3. Specialized knowledge of Congress, the House of Representatives, and the legislative process. Technical knowledge of House rules and procedures.
4. Knowledge of policy and political issues through previous work and research experience. Ability to analyze and draft legislative language.
5. An understanding of agency roles and their impact on small businesses. Ability to analyze and comment on rules and regulations.
6. Established network of contacts on Capitol Hill.
7. Basic political campaign experience.
8. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal and organizational abilities. Public relations and media affairs experience essential. Ability to be a spokesperson for NFIB with print, radio, internet and TV media on issues.
Job Posted: January 23, 2017